El Dorado County, California Resources

Elderly Man:  Protect seniors physically, emotionally, financially.

All community members may report dependent adult or elder abuse to help Adult Protective Services ensure that El Dorado County, California victims of abuse can get the help they need as soon as possible. Adult Protective Services receives reports from family members, service and health providers, law enforcement, and other concerned citizens. Reports can be received by phone or mail.

Social workers dedicated to the intake process receive and document reports of abuse or neglect. Adult Protective Services assesses the urgency of the situation and are able to respond immediately if necessary or to contact law enforcement if needed. Reporting parties should call 911 directly if a life threatening situation is in progress.

Local Resources:

Department of Social Services
3057 Briw Road
Placerville CA 95667-1637
Phone: (530)642-7300
24 Hour Abuse Hotline: (530)642-4800
Fax: (530)622-1543

The In-Home Supportive Services (IHSS) program is a federal, state, and locally funded program designed to provide assistance to those eligible aged, blind, and disabled individuals who, without this care, would be unable to remain safely in their own homes. In-Home Supportive Services provides services according to the recipient’s ability to perform daily activities, and can include feeding, bathing, dressing, housekeeping, laundry, shopping, meal preparation and clean up, respiration, bowel & bladder care, moving in and out of bed, rubbing the skin (to prevent skin breakdown), accompaniment to medical appointments, paramedical services, and protective supervision.

In-Home Supportive Service recipients are responsible for locating their own home care providers, for hiring and supervising their providers, and for firing the provider if the services are not performed according to the client’s specifications.

Who Qualifies for In-Home Supportive Services

  • You must be receiving Medi-Cal, be blind, disabled, or 65 years of age or older, AND be unable to live at home safely without help.
  • In-Home Supportive Services Social Workers determine if you qualify by assessing your functional need for specific services, and identify the amount of time to be allotted for the performance of services. Depending on the amount of your monthly income, you may be required to pay a share of cost for these services.
  • Complete and return an application. Contact your local Department of Health & Human Services and request a In-Home Supportive Services application.

Nutrition / Meals On wheels:

El Dorado County Senior Nutrition Program
937 Spring St.
Placerville CA 95667
Phone: (530)621-6160

Tunnel Street Senior Center
28880 Tunnel St.
Placerville CA 95667
Phone: (530)626-6951

Meals on Wheels
11566 D Ave
Auburn CA 95603
Phone: (530)888-7137

Senior Nutrition Project
11587 E Ave
Auburn CA 95603
Phone: (530)888-8103

Senior Nutrition Project
600 Auburn Ravine Rd
Auburn CA 95603
Phone: (530)885-5835

South Lake Tahoe Senior Center
3050 Lake Tahoe Blvd.
South Lake Tahoe CA 96150
Phone: (530)542-6094

Legal Resources:

Sheriff's Office
300 Fair Ln
Placerville CA 95667
Phone: (530)621-6600
Fax: (530)626-8163

El Dorado Hills Substation
4354 Town Center Dr., Suite 112
El Dorado Hills CA
Phone: (916)358-3555 ext 5655

South Lake Tahoe
Phone: (530)573-7955 ext 5655
Fax: (530)626-8091

Bet Tzedek - The House of Justice

Steps to report Dependent Adult or Elder Abuse to Adult Protective Services:

  1. Call 911 for Life-Threatening Emergencies
  2. Call Adult Protective Services to report dependent adult or elder abuse
  3. Complete State Abuse report forms:

    Mandated Reporters and all other reporters use this form:
    "Report of Suspected Dependent Adult/Elder Abuse" (SOC 341)

    Financial Institutions ONLY use this form:
    "Report of Suspected Dependent Adult/Elder Financial Abuse" (SOC 342)

    Mail the written report within 2 working days to:
    Del Norte County Department of Health and Human Services
    Attention: Adult and Family Services
    880 Northcrest Drive
    Crescent City, CA 95531

Custom Search


It is our goal to provide the most up-to-date information regarding identifying and reporting elder abuse, neglect and exploitation. If you would like to be referred to an attorney for assistance please complete this form.
Information Request Form
* Required
* *