In Virginia, during fiscal year 2002, Adult Protective Services received 11,306 reports of elder/adult abuse and maltreatment. Of these, almost three-quarters (7,960) were substantiated.
State Government Agencies
- Virginia Adult Protective Services
- Virginia Department of Health, Center for Quality Health Care Services, Long Term Care Division
- Virginia Department of Social Services Domestic Violence Program
- Virginia Long Term Care Ombudsman
- Virginia Office of Attorney General
- Virginia Department of Social Services: Information Resource Book 2003
- Virginia Department of Social Services: Who Are Mandatory Reporters for APS?
- Elder Abuse Hotline: 1-888-83-ADULT or 1-888-832-3858
- Family Violence/Sexual Assault Hotline: 1-888-838-8238
- Prevent Financial Exploitation: Financial Institutions (brochure)
- Prevent Financial Exploitation: Seniors (brochure)
- Virginia Elder Rights Coalition: Adult Protective Services
- Virginia TRIAD Crime Prevention for Seniors Grant Program