In Oklahoma, during fiscal year 2003, Adult Protective Services investigated approximately 16,000 reports of abuse, neglect, self-neglect, exploitation, and verbal abuse of vulnerable adults. Of the cases investigated, well over half (61%) were confirmed. Sixty-four percent of the cases in 2003 involved self-neglect. Another 14 percent involved caregiver neglect, and 13 percent involved financial exploitation.
State Government Agencies
- Oklahoma Aging Services Division
- Oklahoma Family Support Services Division, Adult Protective Services
- Elder Abuse Hotline: 1-800-522-3511
- Oklahoma Department of Human Services, Office of Planning, Research and Statistics: WebStats
- Oklahoma Department of Human Services, Office of Planning, Policy, & Research Annual Reports