The Florida Adult Services Program, a division of the Florida Department of Children and Families, is dedicated to protecting vulnerable adults from further abuse, neglect, or exploitation and enabling disabled adults to remain in the community.
In Florida, during fiscal year 2001, the Florida Abuse Hotline received 39,516 reports of abuse and neglect. Almost three-fourths of the allegations/reports involved people over 60.
In fiscal year 2002, 123 older Floridians 60+ years were sheltered by the state's certified domestic violence centers, and 1,331 were served in outreach.State Government Agencies
- Florida Adult Protective Services
- Florida Agency for Healthcare Administration, Long Term Care Unit
- Florida Department of Elder Affairs
- Florida Office of Attorney General
- Florida Office of Domestic Violence Program
- Florida Abuse Hotline
- Florida Elder Help Line
- Florida Domestic Violence Hotline
- Fla. Stat. Ann., Title XLVI, Chpt. 825, Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation of Elderly Persons and Disabled Adults
- Fla. Stat. Ann., Title XXX Social Welf., Chpt. 415, Adult Protective Services
Sources for Statistics
- Florida Department of Elder Affairs Master Plan on Aging 2002-2004
- Violence Free Florida! Ending Abuse, Improving Lives, Florida Department of Children and Families
- Florida Attorney General's Senior's Versus Crime Project
- Florida Coalition Against Domestic Violence
- Helmet Reviews, Best Prices, U.S.A. Events - Everything you need to know before purchasing a helmet.